Disclaimer: This is for a generic Bear Race. If you want to be any other bear for fluff go for it. Just because Panda’s are awesome doesn’t mean you have to be too.
Disclaimer2: The above disclaimer is because I can’t change the name of the page and I don’t care enough to make a new one and delete this one.
Link for the guide of how to make new races for everyone’s convenience.
Name= Bearran? Ursinarians?
Background Info= Fluffy! Oh and they’re related to elves and magic somehow.
Physical Description= They looka-lika panda
Society= Nomadic Monks
Relations= Everyone loves panda
Alignment and Religion= Awesome Good
Adventurers= Fluff, oh and their nomads
Pandas as PC’s= Might not include this bracket
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Some Fluff. They gain +6Str, -2Dex, +4Con, -2Int, +2Wis (1rp) [mixed some ability traits for a bear like combination]
- Size: Large, 10ft space and reach, -1atk, +1 CMB/D, -2 fly, -4 stealth (1rp) [given free other than reach]
- Type: Monstrous Humanoid (3rp) [Seems a little pricey for what it does, suggested 2rp]
- Speed: 40ft
- Languages: Common and Sylvan.
Skill Racial Traits
- +4 for climb, swim and survival (2rp) [based off climb and swim which gets movement speed and +8 skill]
- Improved Natural Attack, unarmed 1d6 (2rp)
- Bite 1d8 1.5xStr b, p and s [given free, improved by natural attack?]
- 2xClaw 1d6, b and s [given free, improved by natural attack?]
- Bear Hug= Grapple +4 and grapple on natural attacks [Free?]
- Quadraped= +4 against overrun and trip (2rp) (monstrous trait)
- Lucky= +2 on all saves (4rp) [seems a little high compared to other upgrades, suggested 2 or 3 rp]
- Cold Resistance 10 (2rp) [may lower for 5 or remove if needed]
- Damage Reduction Piercing/5 (2rp) [would like 10 if possible, damage reduction stuff in general seems expensive compared to natural armor which is better, suggested 1 RP for /5 to match resistances]
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision 120ft (1rp) [May lower to 60ft for 0rp if needed]
- Lowlight Vision (1rp)
- Scent (4rp) [Seems very high compared to the see everything perk, suggested 1rp or free with monstrous humanoid type]
Random Starting Ages
|110 years||+4d6 years||+6d6 years||+10d6 years|
Height and Weight
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8 ft.||+2d8 in.||500 lbs.||+4d8x5 lbs.|
|Female||8 ft.||+1d8 in.||500 lbs.||+2d8x5 lbs.|
Favored Class Options?
Racial Feats Etc
I’d like to hit low 20’s so I could actually qualify for Monstrous abilities without a LA
- Current RP= [1+1+3+2+2+2+4+2+1+1+4] 23 RP
- Suggested RP= [1+1+2+2+2+2+(2)+2+1+1+1] 17 RP
- +DesertRunner +Healthy +2NatArmor = 21ish RP, 19 without quadraped (monstrous ability)
Desert Runner 2RP [seems high for what it does, suggested 1 rp]
Benefit: Members of this race receive a +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments.
Healthy 2RP [seems high for what it does, suggested 1 rp]
Prerequisites: The race has at least a +2 racial bonus to Constitution.
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases.
Natural Armor 2RP [suggested 1 rp to match more with the improved nat armor flow.]
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
Improved Natural Armor 1RP
Prerequisites: Natural armor racial trait.
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus.
Special: This racial trait can be taken multiple times. Each additional time you take this trait, increase its cost by 1 RP. Its effects stack.